Who is Rob Weir?
I am Rob Weir, a 43 year-old hominid known to inhabit Westford, Massachusetts. I was born in Athens, Greece, of American parents, and grew up (mainly) in Saugerties, New York. I’ve also lived in Cambridge and Somerville, Massachusetts. I am a 1991 graduate of Harvard College, with a degree in Astronomy and Astrophysics.
I joined IBM in 1995, as part of the acquisition of Lotus Development Corporation, where I had worked since 1991. I am currently in the IBM Collaboration Solutions division, and as ODF Architect I work primarily on ODF and related various document and end-user productivity related strategy and standards topics.
I am also a member of the American Philatelic Society, the United States Chess Federation, the Massachusetts Horticultural Society, the American Daffodil Society, the American Homebrewers Association, the New England Historic Genealogical Society, the ACM, the OASIS ODF TC (Chair), the OASIS ODF Interoperability and Conformance TC, INCITS V1, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34, a Committer on the Apache ODF Toolkit and OpenOffice open source projects, and a trained SkyWarn weather spotter. I play trombone, bagpipes, didgeridoo and ukulele rather poorly, and recorder rather well. Whether or nor I sing is as yet an unresolved question.
This is my personal blog. The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of my employer or the organizations I’m associated with. Heck, there is a good chance I don’t agree with everything I write. That includes the last sentence. Or does it?
You can also contact me via various instant messaging protocols:
- Google Talk/Jabber: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AIM: RobCWeir
- Yahoo: rcweir
And via the following social networking sites:
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/110021943609888508798/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rcweir
- Twitter http://twitter.com/rcweir
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Rob-Weir/553706171
- Digg: http://digg.com/users/rcweir
- Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/user/rcweir/
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcweir/
- Dopplr: http://www.dopplr.com/traveller/RobWeir/public
- TripIt: http://www.tripit.com/people/RobWeir